
For those of you who don't know, I met Sarah in sixth grade. I got on the bus and asked her if I could sit next to her and she obliged and we've been friends ever since! I wish I could find some even older pictures of us, but I guess that this one is embarrassing enough! Sarah and I have been close ever since then. It's funny how nowadays we'll see people that we used to go to school with and we always hear, "You guys are still friends?" I'm proud to say that yes we still are. It's an amazing thing to have such a loyal and caring friend in my life who's stuck with me through thick and thin!
So Sarah...
Remember our matching "No Fear" shirts that we bought at the Cruise-In?
Remember picking me up for school every day when we were in high school and stopping at Burger King on the way for breakfast?
Remember getting pulled over in your lynx and yelling at the cop while I sat in the passenger seat scared to death?
Remember when you got in that guys face, even though you didn't know him and he was like two feet taller than you, because he threw a water balloon into your brand new car on graduation night?
Remember how we used to stand up and do "the wave" every day on the bus when we went down the hill right before your bus stop?
Remember in middle school when we thought it was so cool because we both had crushes on guys named Dan? Funny that you married a different Dan, huh?
Remember when we sluffed the last class on the last day of school for eighth grade and went to Central Park to get french fries and we had to duck every time a car went by because we were so scared that we would get caught?
Okay, seriously, do you remember why we had to throw that bottle of lotion at a truck while we were "cruising main" that one night? I don't remember the whole story.
Remember when there was a burglar in your house and my parents drove like 80 miles per hour over to your house to save you because you were home alone hiding in the bath tub?
Remember when I tripped and fell while running to catch the bus and everyone laughed at me... except for you?
Remember sonofabitch and how hard you laughed when I first told you the story?
Do you remember when I walked to your house once to visit? That really was a long way to walk!
Remember when you got pulled over because the cop thought that you were 12? And you were really like twenty something? Okay, I wasn't there but it's funny for me to think about.
Remember when you told me that eventually you and Daniel are going to move to South America? Sorry, I won't let that happen!
Thanks Sarah for all that you do and all that you've been with me threw. The best part of our friendship is that I know that you still love me and will forgive me for spacing out and not calling you yesterday, because that's the kind of friends that we are, and you always forgive me for the stupid mistakes that I make. I know that you love me and I know that you know I love you too! I owe you a big one!!!!
3 comments:
That was cute! Yeah, it's definitely pregnancy brain that makes you forget everything...
Okay...you made me cry (and yes I'm at work being very productive!) I'm speechless (you know that doesn't happen often) Honestly, I didn't think much of it and I didn't take it as you forgetting.
(BTW. You'll have to call me about the lotion...I don't think it would be very appropriate for me to put that story here!!) :)
As for the pic...yes that is pretting embarassing (was that from a fashion show?) but I know there is worse out there!!!
You put a smile on my face so all I can say is THANK YOU and I love you! That was the best b-day gift ever!
i CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LITTLE YOU GUYS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH I LOVE IT
Post a Comment